Hunterson PARC has great potential to suit the growing Scottish aquaculture industry. Our available land is ideal for the development of:
- Finfish farming
- Onshore fish trials unit – feed etc
- Production and value-added services to seaweed
- Centre of Excellence in manufacturing and engineering to support sector needs and development in deep water/off-shore fish farming
- Shellfish Centre of Excellence
- Processing value-added service to finfish and shellfish
- University-led R&D facility/lab focused ‘onshore’ aquaculture. Aquaculture is a vital industry and has the potential to feed the world of tomorrow.
The use of key assets that the site boasts, including one of the world’s largest deep water dry docks, provides the ideal choice for businesses to invest. The site offers the perfect combination of marine infrastructure, electric power and access to saltwater to support a number of opportunities and enable the growth of the industry.
There is great potential to increase the number of jobs in this area by attracting interest from the industry. This in turn will boost the viability of the local area and increase scope for greater utilisation of existing resident workforce in the Western Isles.