Innovative new industry
Hunterston PARC’s vision is to bring together energy intensive industries with low cost, on-site power and heat generation.
This offers a unique opportunity to develop innovative, self-sustaining and cost-effective net zero operations, aimed at supporting the delivery of Scotland’s 2045 climate change targets
With on-site rail connectivity, significant grid connections, favourable planning regimes and plot sizes that can accommodate up to 4,000,000 sq ft, it is at the forefront of Scotland’s strategy to be a major contributor to the local economy and propel the Blue and Green agenda.
Whether you’re a globally established brand, corporate or a start-up business
Hunterston PARC could offer you the unrivalled combination of space, facilities and connectivity for Scottish industry with energy at its heart. It offers infrastructure that enables efficient logistics and is ideally suited to:
- Plastic recycling - supporting innovative commercial ventures to address important challenges such as the conversion of plastic to hydrogen, waste processing, hydroponics and alternative materials to plastic packaging.
- New power generation - development and ongoing management of new power generation facilities. With high-capacity grid-access potential, incumbent private wire demand and the opportunity to bring feedstock by sea, rail and road, it’s the ideal site for power generators, targeting renewable and transitional technologies such as hydrogen, waste, biomass and other feedstocks.
- Port and energy hub - with skilled labour in the area and the UK National Grid seeking load stabilisation solutions at the site, there is policy support for development at Hunterston PARC designated formally as a 'port and energy hub'. This development focuses low carbon, green industries on a brownfield site, and will enable advanced technologies to be applied commercially.
- Significant grid connections
- Large scale water abstraction available
- Renewable and low carbon on site energy
- Rail Hub
- Office space
- Aquaculture facilities
- Marine yard
- Proximity to world leading research universities
- Data centre
100 acres of available land
Rail, road and sea links
Low cost on site heat and power generation